TessBrianna

The Ghost Brigades
John Scalzi
Quinoa 365: The Everyday Superfood
Patricia Green, Carolyn Hemming
Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!
Kris Carr, Dean Ornish, Rory Freedman
Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations: Festive Menus and 130 Great-Tasting Recipes that Give Every Vegan Reason to Celebrate All Year
Alicia C. Simpson
The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Parts
Eloisa James, Connie Brockway, Julia Quinn
When Beauty Tamed the Beast
James Griffin, Eloisa James
Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3)
Maggie Stiefvater
The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
Deb Perelman
The Red Plague Affair
Lilith Saintcrow
Passion Potion - Mary Beth Daniels After failing several college classes Jet leaves school for home and finds that there is more to herself than she knew. She finds that she is a Nix, an enchantress without any powers, but surrounded by a world full of magic. Her mother's recent death has left not only a hole in her life, but a job unfinished. To save her family home Jet must finish the potion her mother had been commissioned to create before time runs out.I really enjoyed the ideas in this story and what the world that Daniels created could have been. It was a fast paced, interesting world, but the writing failed to convey to me anything more than surface level details. It felt as if the ideas weren't as fleshed out as they could have been. The characters felt pretty one dimensional at times as well. Their motives for doing anything, other than magically induced actions, seemed hazy and unclear. I kept wanting and hoping for more details because Daniels drew me into the story and Jet's world. The idea of finding your Match and creating a marriage was an intriguing idea, but fell flat. The whole magical world was never truly explained with anything more than a vague reference. Sure, I've read enough fantasy novels to fill in the blanks for myself, but I kept wanting her to explain why this world was different and what laws and properties governed the use of magic. The afterward mentioned forthcoming stories and I look forward to reading them. Hopefully there will be more detail and world building to polish these great ideas. This review also available at Owl & Alder Book Reviews.*I received this book through Netgalley.com for review purposes.*